Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby, Nooo.

151 million views on Youtube. A writing and production team that includes The-Dream, Ludacris, and Christina Milian, so I guess if they were being paid $1 per view, they'd still need about 200 Million more views, but hey, gotta spend money to make money, right?

I understand criticizing Justin Bieber is like going to a 6-year-old's soccer game and saying that the skill level just isn't there... I know that the music wasn't supposed to be for me. I know it was supposed to appeal to the only people left with disposable income: Kids. I know they never set out to impress me.

"...You want my love, You want my heart
And we will never ever ever be apart...

And I was like
Baby, baby, baby ohhh
Like baby, baby, baby noo
Like baby, baby, baby ohh
I thought you'd always be mine mine..."

All I ask is that we try a little. Try a little harder. Try to write a song again that appeals to young people and doesn't patronize them. Broaden their minds. This doesn't do that.

I know it doesn't set out to do that. But maybe, just maybe if our kids were a little smarter, they'd make the world a better place. And it starts with the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment